Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Letter Writing

I'm doing fine in class.  In fact, psychology is one of my favorite classes of the day.  I usually look forward to the class, even on note-taking days. We usually have fun discussions and activities that keep my attention,  and since all of this information pertains to my life, I am endlessly fixated by the material we learn.  I feel like I am excelling in class.  The class is exactly like I expected.  I have learned me some "good stuff".  Outside of class, I am struggling with college applications and scholarships.  They are not very fun, so I tend to have no enthusiasm to get them done.  I hate writing the stupid essays.  The deadlines are coming up soon, so I'll have to do them over the break.  My life is fine! Quit creeping (especially in Target)! 

Now, on, to, Criss, Angel.  Is he fo' real.
The answer is no, of course.  He himself doesn't even claim to have supernatural powers.  In fact, he has offered ONE MILLION big ones to anyone who can prove to be supernatural.  When you said that in class, Mr. Dreier, did you know that Criss Angel actually put up the offer himself????

Criss Angel may be one of the most well known magicians alive today.  He really cannot do magic.  Instead, he is one of the best at misdirection using his voice, hands, and other body parts.  He distracts you from the truth.  If you saw him levitate and believed it, this is how he did it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrkiTO8dgCA&feature=player_embedded

Also, I found a psychotic Christian man that seems to believe that Criss Angel is the antichrist.  It is an interesting read (he had me believing for a second!!).  <-----Not really though.  Here's his website.  http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/criss_angel.htm
This guy is just weird.  He somehow connects Criss Angel and the shirts and necklaces he wears to satanism.  He even brings the dollar bill into the mix.  This is all as believable as National Treasure.

Anyway, for everyone else who doesn't think Criss Angel is the son of the devil, Criss Angel is a master illusionist.  He can't walk on water.  I watched a video that explained how he does it.  Basically, he steps on platforms across the water.  There are platforms that are like bridges under the water.  To make it seem more real, his accomplices swim under him, "showing" that he isn't stepping on anything.  Really, the accomplice swims through a bridge.  And when his shoe falls in the water, there is really just a gap in the glass platforms.  So, I admit, Criss Angel is not real.  Either way, we wasted a good 10 minutes and had a nice conversation about him.  Here's the video: http://www.xploremagic.com/Illusion/criss-angel-walk-on-water-revealed.html

2 comments:

  1. Billy,

    Good to hear you are liking class. Your college essay comment reminded me of my own dislike for stupid 500 word essays to get into a school. I always wondered how a school could judge if you were college material based on 500 or 1000 words of BS you cooked up to finish an application. But hey, I got in so what does that tell you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy i know that you enjoy and look foward to this class everyday because you get to see me and Bri everyday :)

    ReplyDelete